The objective of this proposed research is to develop
key technologies for intelligent Web services-based geospatial knowledge
- Automate the Geo-query and Geo-assembly steps of the geospatial
knowledge discovery process in the distributed Web service environment,
to allow analysts to focus on the creative process of hypothesis
generation and knowledge synthesis rather than spending huge amounts
of time in data preparation.
- Automate a range of knowledge discovery processes in a limited
geospatial domain based on automated construction and execution
of intelligent Web services as the demonstration of technology.
- Facilitate the construction of complex geocomputation services
The key research areas for this project are
- Standard-based automated geospatial data and services discovery
- Domain knowledge-driven intelligent geo-object decomposition
for geo-tree/workflow con-struction.
- Automated geospatial web service chaining, binding, and execution
based on the geo-tree/workflow.
- Management of workflows and geospatial models.